Last updated July 15, 2021
2. Intellectual Property Rights
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, noncommercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
3. User Representations
4. Referrals & Affliates. While you are not responsible for making referral payments to HouseNovel, as part of the Services, HouseNovel may be paid valuable consideration in exchange for your referral to a real estate professional ("Real Estate Referral"). You authorize HouseNovel to make such Real Estate Referral and acknowledge HouseNovel may be paid valuable consideration for facilitating such referral.
5. Eligibility; Accounts and Registration.
To access some features of the Services, you may be required to register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as email address or other contact information. You agree that the information you provide is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you may be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you are responsible for all actions taken via your account. You may not share your user account(s) with others. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
6. Use of the Services; Restrictions.
7. Prohibited Use. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
User Generated Contributions
8. User Materials.
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, "Contributions"). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
B. Subscriptions. The Site may include features that allow for automatically recurring payments for periodic charges ("Subscription Service"). Periodic charges are defined as a monthly recurring payment to access the Subscription Service. If you decide to activate a Subscription Service, you authorize HouseNovel to charge on a monthly going-forward basis and until cancellation of either the recurring payments or your account, all monthly accrued sums on or before the payment due date for the monthly accrued sums. We will bill the periodic subscription fee to the payment method you provide to us during registration (or to a different payment method if you change your payment information in the settings page). HouseNovel may change the subscription fee for any subsequent subscription period but will provide you advance notice of any increase before it applies. You may cancel a Subscription Service by contacting us at: advertise@HouseNovel.com, or through your settings page for the paid feature. The subscription will continue unless and until you cancel your subscription, or we terminate it. You must cancel your Subscription Service before it renews to avoid billing of the next monthly subscription fee to your account. After cancellation, your subscription will continue until the deactivation date. No prorated balances will be returned to the Subscription Service customer.
10. Third Party/Linked Services/Sent information.
B. Certain Third-Party Services. (i) Non-Affiliated Financial Products. If you choose to contact a non-affiliated bank, lender, financial institution, originator, loan broker, or other mortgage professional through the Services by filling out a contact, other request form or otherwise indicating your interest in contacting (or being contacted by) a Third-Party Provider (including requests for rate quotes) on the Services, you authorize HouseNovel (and, in the event that the Third-Party Provider is a bank, lender, financial institution, originator, loan broker or other mortgage professional, each a "Lender," you authorize HouseNovel) to provide the information you submit to the Third-Party Provider. If you include your name, contact information and other information in a request, your identity will no longer be anonymous to the Third-Party Provider. Your submission of information and any request for quotes through the Services is not an application for credit. HouseNovel is only providing an administrative service to consumers and participating Lenders. Decisions regarding Lenders contacting consumers are made by participating Lenders and not HouseNovel. These non-binding quotes are not intended to be official Loan Estimates as defined in the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. By using these features, the disclosures and consent required under certain state laws are deemed to be provided, received, and agreed to. Interest rates displayed through the Services are for information purposes only and reflect non-binding customized quotes of the terms a Lender might offer a borrower fitting a consumer’s anonymous profile. Actual interest rates may vary. Loan approval standards are established and maintained solely by individual Lenders. Consumers should rely on their own judgment in deciding which available loan product, terms, and Third-Party Provider best suit their needs and financial means. HouseNovel: (a) is not a Lender, loan originator, loan processor or underwriter; (b) does not aid or assist borrowers in obtaining loans, solicit borrowers or Lenders for loans, offer or negotiate terms of loans; (c) does not take mortgage applications, make loans or credit decisions or pre-approve borrowers for loans; (d) is not an agent of either any consumer or any Lender; (e) does not endorse, refer or recommend any Third-Party Provider that pays HouseNovel or the products of any Third-Party Provider that pays HouseNovel; (f) is not responsible for any errors or delays caused by consumers or any Third-Party Provider in the loan process; and (g) does not guarantee offer of, or acceptance into, any particular loan program or specific loan terms, conditions, or rates with any Third-Party Provider, or that any rates or terms will be the best available.
C. Additional Terms for Third Party Services. Certain aspects of the Services include third-party tools that are subject to additional third-party terms, including, but not limited to, the following:
(ii) We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Helcim. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://legal.helcim.com/us/privacy-policy/.
Intellectual Property Notices:
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. HouseNovel does not assert copyright or grant any rights to the underlying images or descriptions of real estate listings provided through the Services. Any use of these images and descriptions is subject to the copyright owner's permission and the requirements of applicable law.
12. Feedback. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding the Services, including related to any HouseNovel Materials (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant HouseNovel an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to use the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including the improve the Services or create other products and services.
13. DMCA; Claims of Copyright Infringement. HouseNovel respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks that everyone using the Services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify HouseNovel's copyright agent in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), by providing the following information:
a. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; b. Identification of the material that you claim is infringing and needs to be removed, including a description of where it is located on the Services so that the copyright agent can locate it; c. Your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address, so that the copyright agent may contact you about your complaint; and d. A signed statement that the above information is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf in this situation. Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent as follows: By mail: HouseNovel 15315 Skyview Drive Minnetonka, MN 55345 Attention: Copyright Agent By e-mail: email@example.com, Subject: Copyright Agent If you give notice of copyright infringement by e-mail, we may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.
B. Other Terms. Your use of the Services is subject to all additional guidelines, rules, and agreements applicable to the Services or certain features of the Services that we may post on, or link to, from the Services, such as rules applicable to a particular product or content available through the Services.
22. Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Service or to receive further information regarding use of the Service.
23. Contact Information and License Disclosures. The Services are offered by HouseNovel. and its affiliates, located at 15315 Skyview Drive, Minnetonka, MN, 55345. You may contact HouseNovel by sending correspondence to that address or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.